An Elixir backend engineer at Wooga enjoys a lot of freedom in decision making and is entrusted with the responsibility that the systems run smoothly and reliably. We strive to be fast and independent learners who adapt quickly to changes in requirements. With broad technical knowledge from HTTP, to distributed and scalable systems, to server administration: we make sure our game teams can count on us to build and run the services they need.
Our Backend Engineering team is responsible for providing the tools and services we use to build, scale and operate all our games. We strive to improve the game development speed and remove the need for dedicated game backends.
- Advise and collaborate with different stakeholders in management, game teams, publishing, HR, and Finance on all legal matters on national and international level esp. commercial, IP/IT, youth protection and corporate law
- Draft, review, negotiate and implement various contracts (outsourcing, advertising, software/SaaS, data protection)
- Advise and support teams in implementing GDPR compliant standards and processes, responsible to handle internal and external requests related to data protection and privacy topics
- Take responsibility for IP strategy and management
- Coordinate external counsel and Wooga’s data protection officer
- Mentor one legal team member
We use software that we enjoy working with every day, including: Erlang, Elixir, AWS, Docker, ECS, DynamoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, Slack, Github, Ruby, Rails, Terraform, Kubernetes.
Your experience & skills
- Demonstrated expertise in Elixir and Erlang development
- Knowledge of orchestration technologies like kubernetes, Amazon ECS
- You are keen to stay up to date with modern technologies and tooling
- You are good at working with both operating systems and distributed systems
- Excellent English communication skills – no German required
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games!
- Excite millions of players around the world every day through our games!
- We will connect you directly with the success of the company with the stock options programme.
- Work just minutes from the center of Europe’s most vibrant city, Socialize in our hang-out spaces, and enjoy many fun events and parties! Enjoy our unique office space!
- A relocation support which matches your needs to make your and your loved ones’ move to Berlin smooth! Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafe’s, internal trainings, workshops and many others!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
- As much coffee, drinks, cereals and fruits as you can handle!
- Cool Wooga swag! 😉
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.